The goal of Montessori education is to support the child’s development so that it becomes a fulfilled adult, at peace with himself and with others, aware of his impact and contribution to humanity as a whole.
Montessori education is a practical and effective model of individual child approach, equally supporting:
– accumulation of knowledge and joy of learning,
– critical thinking and compassion,
– independence and community spirit,
– leadership and teamwork,
– self-discipline and inner balance.
Astute observation, vigilant and systematic is the starting point in understanding the child and the attitude that makes the adult create an environment and a context that supports his natural development at every stage of growth. Children are naturally interested in learning about the world around them and understanding it, they are driven by curiosity and a naturalness that helps the development to happen spontaneously, under careful and intelligent adult guidance.
The authentic Montessori environment is characterized by several attributes:
– respect for each child as a unique and valuable human being
– respect for others, for the environment and community
– mixed-age groups in which children help each other and learn from each other, creating a community
– freedom to work at their own pace, without interruption, in an activity chosen from a wide range of challenging activities, in accordance with their level of development. The educator values the interests of the child and helps build around it.
– children are involved and absorbed in the activity
– exploration is encouraged, so that children discover by themselves, they are allowed to make mistakes and correct themselves
Enrolling in a course
What a privilege this has been, to be part of new roots of Montessori in Romania and to come across all the people that slowly, but surely, started to feel like home at the MIB. What a privilege to find a purpose so close to my heart and to understand how beautiful our mission is: to witness children’s natural growth. Thank you for making all these possible!
When you start a course like that you have to be very determined that you want a transformation to happen to you, since you cannot be at the end the same human being as at the beginning.
What a wonderful journey of discovery!
I used to believe that I was someone tooking for the path. But thanks to you, the path found me. Thank you for being part of my own journey.
I am very grateful for everything I learned and people I met. I feel like a child in a train station with his luggage full with memories and knowledge, ready to take the train to explore the world